Children and Young People’s Service
The Children and Young People’s service (CHYPS) offers support to children and young people aged 5-17 who have been affected by domestic abuse.
This may include:
- Witnessing domestic abuse at home
- In an abusive relationship with a girlfriend or boyfriend
- Caught up in violence / arguments at home
- Being physically, emotionally, psychologically or sexually abused by the abuser
- Victim of honour based violence
- Subjected to forced marriage
- Fleeing for their safety / living in refuge
CHYPS provides practical and emotional support, raises awareness and offers a safe space to allow children and young people to make sense of what has happened to them and help them to recover from domestic abuse.
- 1:1 Support
- A safe place to talk about experiences
- S.T.A.R Group work
- Parenting workshops
Children and young people must be referred by an agency such as schools, social services, police, health services, youth services etc. A referral form and parental consent is required.
For further information or to access the service please contact:
Tel: 01792 644683 - OR