Vacancies & Volunteering
1 x 35 hour Changing Attitudes Together Worker
Annual salary: £20,020
This is a 3 year post funded by BBC Children in Need
Swansea Women’s Aid offers dynamic, innovative services to women and children experiencing violence against women, domestic abuse and sexual violence (VAWDASV).
The key areas of responsibility are:
- To provide 1 to 1 sessions and group work to 9-18-year-old young people who are using violence within their close relationships, aiming to increase their self-accountability, manage conflict safely in relationships and safety plan for themselves if necessary.
- Using the self-help principle, alleviate the long term effects of domestic abuse, increase children and young people’s safety and enable self – confidence and emotional wellbeing.
- To assist and facilitate service users to make informed decisions and positive changes to their lives.
All SWA Workers are expected to participate in the 24-hour on call provision on a rota basis. For a 35 hour post, the requirement is to cover 7 weekends, 26 week nights and 1 bank holiday per annum.
For more information about this role please refer to the application pack below:
Closing date: 9am on Friday, 27th July 2018. Interview date: Monday, 6th August 2018.
Under the Equality Act 2010 pursuant to Schedule 9, Part 1, this is a women only post
VOLUNTEERING AT SWANSEA WOMEN’S AID
At Swansea Women’s Aid we welcome the involvement of volunteers as their input allows us to provide more opportunities and better services for women and children. What can be gained from volunteering?
- Improve job opportunities
- Invaluable work experience
- Helps build self confidence and self esteem
- Training opportunities
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Put existing strengths and skills to good use
What we ask from our volunteers?
- To be committed, reliable and trustworthy
- Empathy with our mission and aims
- Respect and confidentiality