Vacancies & Volunteering
VACANCIES AT SWANSEA WOMEN’S AID
1 x 35 hour Finance Manager Annual salary: Circa £24,000
In this new key role, you will have the chance to make a real difference enhancing and implementing financial systems to support the CEO. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will collaborate with a talented team who are passionate about providing much-needed services to women and children in the Swansea area.
As the Finance Manager, you’ll produce timely, accurate information ensuring tight financial control over operations, accurate production of management information, strategic business plans and annual budgets.
Specifically, you will:
– Manage the day to day administration of SWA finances keeping up to date records
– Produce appropriate financial management information necessary for the strategic business plan and budgetary control
– Produce management accounts to trial balance level
– Develop, in conjunction with others, project proposals and new business plans to support expansion.
– Work with the CEO on funding applications
– Effective management of expenditure and costing systems for individual projects
– Negotiate contracts and agreements with suppliers
– Ensure the CEO and the board are kept up to date with the financial situation of SWA
– Liaise with financial auditors both internal and external
– Administer payment of salaries, National Insurance, pensions and taxes of employees through SAGE payroll
– Have excellent communication skills and a can-do attitude
To apply , please submit your CV to email@example.com including your response to the following questions:
- Do you have the legal right to reside permanently in the country where this role is based?
- Do you currently live within a commutable distance of this role’s location?
- What is your current or most recent salary, and what are your salary requirements for your new position?
- Please state the amount of notice you would need to give, if any, before being able to start a new role.
- Please outline your finance management experience.
- Which of the following do you have experience of:
– AAT qualified or qualified by experience
– Working in the voluntary sector
– Reporting to key stakeholders such as local authorities, charitable trusts e.g. Big Lottery, Children In Need etc.
– Preparing accounts to management account level
– Finance software (e.g. SAGE/IRIS/Quickbooks)
– Supervision of staff
– Dealing with Auditors
7. Do you have a minimum of GCSEs in Maths and English, or equivalent?
Please feel free to provide a cover letter or any additional information which you feel may support your application.
Closing date for applications is 31st May 2018 with interviews commencing 4th June 2018.
Under the Equality Act 2010 pursuant to Schedule 9, Part 1, this is women only post
VOLUNTEERING AT SWANSEA WOMEN’S AID
At Swansea Women’s Aid we welcome the involvement of volunteers as their input allows us to provide more opportunities and better services for women and children.
What can be gained from volunteering?
- Improve job opportunities
- Invaluable work experience
- Helps build self confidence and self esteem
- Training opportunities
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Put existing strengths and skills to good use
What we ask from our volunteers?
- To be committed, reliable and trustworthy
- Empathy with our mission and aims
- Respect and confidentiality